Establishing a maintenance schedule at your business when it comes to plumbing is vital. 1st Response recommends monthly or bi-monthly maintenance work and hiring a dedicated company that knows commercial plumbing.
Here is the basic commercial plumbing checklist you should have for your business:
- Check for active or past leaks: running faucets or toilets, water spots on floors, walls or ceilings, moisture or mold, corrosion around fixtures, etc.
- Inspect the drains: first, test the lines to establish that they run clear and clog free, and if it is needed, camera inspections could be run by our plumbers.
- Measure the water pressure in the system: it should be between 40 PSI and 80 PSI. Water pressure that is too high can damage the fixtures, pipes, and water heaters.
- Test regularly the shut-off valves and the backflow devices. These represent your safety system that protects you from major floods and wastewater flowing back into the building.
- Inspect and maintain any water heating devices: identify any leaks or corrosions, check the temperature and the water pressure, and test the safety valves.
Also, keep in mind that when you work with a commercial plumbing company like 1st Response you benefit from:
- Well-trained and knowledgeable plumbers;
- Lower operating costs and extended life for your plumbing system and equipment;
- Peace of mind, because you are in good hands and because you are prepared for unexpected;
- Promptly response, as we are just one call away.
Does your business need a reputable, dedicated plumbing company?