5 Ways To Prevent San Diego Plumbing Nightmares
Ever had a plumbing nightmare? You’re not alone. If you don’t want to be the next person with this problem, then 5 Ways To Prevent Plumbing Nightmares is worth reading. We know that there are many ways to prevent plumbing nightmares, but these five will help keep your pipes in good health and running smoothly for years to come.
Beware of clogs. There are lots of different things that can cause clogs, but here are five things that can help prevent them:
- Keep hair away from drains. Hair will only tangle up in the pipes and cause a blockage.
- Don’t pour grease down the drain or flush wipes (or anything else) down it either. Grease is especially bad because, over time, it hardens and turns into a solid. It’s the same with wipes, and they’re not meant to be flushed down toilets at all!
- Prevent too much food from going down your drain by using strainers in sinks or disposing of it properly (in the trash).
- Dispose of items that are biodegradable in compost bins, not in the garbage disposal.
- Use cold water if you can when doing dishes or hand washing items that have food residue on them. Coldwater is better for your pipes because it’s less likely to break down and cause a clog.
Just A Simple Peek
Look for visual signs. Sometimes, a simple peek every now and then will be all you need to do in order to see if your pipes are running smoothly. Here’s how you could point out an issue:
Bubbles coming up from the drain or toilet – this is a sign of gas buildup, and it means something isn’t flowing properly. Dispose of items down drains carefully, so they don’t cause clogs! (Again with the food)
The Valve We Forget About
Know your main shut-off valve. The main shut-off valve is the one that controls your entire plumbing system, and it’s important to know where this is. You can also use a water meter key or have someone turn off a lot of different valves, but these methods will take longer and be more complicated.
The Critters That Make Us Jump
Take care of infestations. When mice or other pests are nesting in your home and plumbing system, it’s like inviting them for a dinner party! Prevent this by taking care of any infestations you find with help from professionals.
Break The Habit Of Not Being In A Habit
Prevent plumbing nightmares by doing your own checks every now and then to see if everything is running smoothly. If you notice anything odd, like a leak or clog, don’t hesitate to call us at (858) 203-0930. At 1st Response Plumber, we have professionals working for us that will ensure you don’t face any of these plumbing nightmares!