Common Drinking Water Contaminants in Chula Vista
The water we are using for washing and cleaning purposes is not a pure form of water. This water contains several types of dissolved chemicals and minerals in it. All of these chemicals are not harmful. Some minerals are for health purposes, and some substances protect the plumbing appliance we expose to water. During the water supply to our houses, water gets infiltrated with microbes, heavy metals, and many other minerals that are harmful to plumbing. Contact 1st Response Plumber for Plumbing Services Chula Vista to arrange a water testing appointment.
Harmful Pollutants We May Discover in Your Water
Several impurities are not suitable for plumbing. These impurities get into our houses using municipal water supply. We have enlisted a few water-borne impurities below that can shorten the durability of plumbing.
- Hard water minerals: Hard water minerals like magnesium (Mg), chromium (Cr), and calcium sulfate (CuSO4) have a terrible impact on the health of plumbing stuff. In most cases, these minerals don’t have any effect on health. But they can cause extensive damage to plumbing pipelines, water heater, and other water appliances. Simple house chores also become problematic under the presence of these impurities.
- Heavy metals: The increase in illegal industrial waste dumping has increased the danger of contamination to natural resources. Among all-natural resources, water is the most prominent source to get infected from industrial waste. Industrial waste is the source of Mercury (Hg), Arsenic (As), Cadmium (Cd), Chromium (Cr), Nickel (Ni), and Lead (Pb), which get into water through underground. The toxicity varies from metal to metal.
- Pathogens: Pathogens are microbes that are present for a long time. Viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites are typical examples of pathogens. Water treatment is essential for the removal of pathogens, as they can cause serious health issues.
- Chemicals: With the increase in pesticide and air cleaning additives, groundwater has become contaminated with different chemicals. Chlorine often comes from water treatment plants. Many other substances in underground waters get mixed with freshwater and result in long-term health issues.
- High acidity: Acidity examination is also an essential component of the water test. Water having a high PH value is horrible news.
- Sulfur: The presence of sulfur gas is not a high-risk factor. But still, it’s an impurity. It can make water smelled like rotten eggs. You won’t like to use such water for drinking and cleaning purposes.
1st Response Plumber is proud to serve Chula Vista, with its plumbing skills. If there is an issue with your water, you can contact 1st Response Plumber for their best water treatment Plumbing Services Chula Vista. We have many other services as part of our maintenance program, so we have got it all settled for you. Call us today at (858) 203-0930 and avail our affordable and efficient plumbing services like no other in Chula Vista.